MyFinancialTimes is a reader-centric site. We may receive compensation from the products and services we mention or recommend in this story, but the opinions are the author's own. Remuneration may impact where offers appear. We may not include all available products or offerings. To learn more you can visit our advertising policy and editorial policy.
Credit cards are offering tons of free miles right now! As banks adjust to the world after Covid-19, they’re offering never-before-seen deals to entice new cardholders. Whether you’re thinking of spending the summer traveling, eating out, or online shopping from home, these deals could help you get thousands of points on credit cards in 2021.
100K Bonus Mile Credit Cards
If you love to travel, it wouldn’t be surprising if you found quarantine unbearable. Being stuck in your home is no fun, especially when you’re yearning to visit new places. Thankfully, travel restrictions are being lifted all around the world – and so are credit card standards.
- Capital One Venture Rewards Card is offering 100,000 bonus miles when you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening, or still earn 50,000 miles if you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first three months. There’s a $95 annual fee on the card, but you win 2x miles on every purchase, and your miles never expire.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is offering 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. 2x miles are earned for every time you dine or deliver, and you gain 1 point for every dollar spent on other purchases.
- Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card is offering 60,000 bonus miles, 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs), and a $100 statement credit after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months. While there is a $250 annual fee, you can earn 3 miles for every dollar spent on eligible purchases with Delta. And you can enjoy special Delta flying perks.
A quick way to collect points is by simply signing up for new credit cards. Not only does having multiple accounts improve your credit score (if you keep up on payments), but it also brings in actual cash. Here are some cards that will pay you just for using them.
- Amex Business Platinum Card is offering perhaps the most unbelievable deal for big spenders: 100,000-125,000 Membership Rewards after $5,000 spent in your first three months. These points equal between $2,200 to $2,750. If you’re interested in redeeming these points, you can apply for the card, use the CardMatch Tool, or wait for American Express to reach out to you.
- Chase Freedom Flex is offering $200 cashback after you spend $500 on purchases in your first three months from account opening. That’s just like earning 40-percent back! There is no annual fee and a competitive no-interest period for the first 15 months from account opening on purchases (then 14.99 percent to 23.74 percent variable APR).
- Hilton Honors American Express Card is offering new cardmembers up to 180,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points for eligible purchases through the two-tiered “Points Plus” special offers. Earn 12X points per dollar for purchases made directly with hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio. Use your points to stay at hotels all around the world, or simply treat yourself by saving the points!
- Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card is offering a $100 Amazon gift card immediately after card approval. There is no annual fee, and you don’t even have to buy anything before you earn rewards!