MyFinancialTimes is a reader-centric site. We may receive compensation from the products and services we mention or recommend in this story, but the opinions are the author's own. Remuneration may impact where offers appear. We may not include all available products or offerings. To learn more you can visit our advertising policy and editorial policy.
Has it been hard to make ends meet recently? Or maybe you need to save up for that trip you have been thinking about for a long time. Or it could be that you need some extra cash for that gaming rig you have been eyeing recently? This article will tell you about 8 easy side gigs that you can take up on to make the extra cash you desperately need.
1. Delivery Services
If you don’t like to sit still, jobs related to delivery services might be right for you. You can earn a lot in a short time. You can make at least $20 per hour. The following are a few delivery services that we recommend:
● Postmates: You have to shop and deliver food items. There is a benefit of choosing work hours as per your liking.
● Instacart: This is another shopping and delivery service. You can even choose between just shopping or shopping and delivering.
● DoorDash: With this, you can keep all the fees and the tips that you get.
● Shipt: It allows you to choose your working hours and get paid weekly.
This is a relatively slow way of making money. You will get rewards or gift cards that you can redeem for cash later. The following are a few survey sites where you can sign up and take surveys whenever you are free.
● SurveyJunkie: This platform has at least 6 million users. You can either surf the web or take surveys and get paid via PayPal.
● Inboxdollars: This service rewards you with $5 just upon signing up. You can watch TV or play games here.
3. Car Renting
Do you have a car that rarely sees the road? If so, perhaps it’s time that you put it up for renting service. The following are two options for people who are interested in giving their car for rent.
● Getaround: Your car will be insured, and you can earn at least $1,000 per year.
● Turo: With this service, you can earn $700 on average. You can put your car up for rent for free. You can even set your own rules and price.
4. Home Projects
Do you like gardening, cleaning, mowing, or other home repair projects? If so, you can benefit from the following.
● Home Advisor: There are at least about 100 million projects on this platform. You can decide the type of work that you do and where and when you do it.
5. Pet Sitting/Walking
Now, what does this rhyme with? You guessed it right, babysitting. Except, pets are easier and less scary to handle. If this is something you are interested in, you can head over to Rover.
● Rover: You can choose whether you walk or sit the pets. You can even set your own time and price.
6. Other Skills
Do you have creative skills such as photography, mural painting, Dj-ying, etc.? You can head over to Thumbtack and create a profile there. You will soon be approached by someone who needs your skills.
Perhaps you have vast knowledge and interest in a particular area. You can guide others and share regular updates with people who are interested in what you know or do. You can create a blog at HostGator and get its multiple benefits.
8. Online Reselling
Reselling has a competitive marketplace, but you can earn a lot once you get the hang of it. If you want to start at Amazon but are nervous about it, you can begin with Jungle Scout. It will help you resell at Amazon.
There are so many exciting jobs out there. You have to be determined and look hard. The 8 methods that we have shared here are easy to do and don’t require particular knowledge or degree of any kind. So have the basic know-how. The primary benefit of all of these services is the flexibility of setting your working hours.